Tectonic is a responsive WordPress theme suitable for any type of business, services or portfolio website. It’s clean and functional, highly customizable, well structured, and easy to use. And it comes with many great features, some of which are listed below.
Most recent update: version 1.0.6 (4.07.2016).
Tectonic works perfectly on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. All the layouts are built with responsive design in mind. The theme is fully adapted and optimized to various screen sizes.
There are 12 predefined color schemes available in the theme, and you can easily customize colors in the selected color scheme.
Wide Range of Backgrounds
Tectonic provides 3 types of background you can apply to your site’s body:
Flexible and Informative Sidebar
Tectonic is designed from scratch with sidebar space reserved for displaying the multipurpose Info Board area and wide range of useful widgets.
Widget Display Control
Tectonic has a built-in feature to show/hide widgets on a specific page. Change your sidebar content for different pages, posts, categories, custom taxonomies, etc.
The theme appends checkboxes to each widget you add to a sidebar area on Widgets admin page to either show or hide it on every site page.
Easy Setup with Demo Content
Simply upload the included sample data files to get your site looking just like the demo. Then you can quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch.
Advanced Theme Options Panel
Tectonic comes with plenty of customizing and styling options available through the Theme Options panel. Here you can easily set up different parts of your site – like background, header, portfolio, typography, etc.
Drag & Drop Page Builder
Tectonic includes support for the Page Builder plugin. It is fully adjusted to the theme, and perfectly suits its needs. A simple drag and drop interface means you’ll never need to touch a line of code.
The theme comes with a wide set of custom widgets (elements) specially created for Page Builder.
Native WordPress Media
Tectonic is built with support of native WordPress methods to insert media into your posts.
You can easily embed online hosted video (like YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, or any other compatible with WordPress’s built-in oEmbed feature) or self-hosted media (mp4, webm, ogv, HTML5 video, mp3).
From the hundreds of Google web fonts, we picked only those that fit perfectly to the theme’s design and layout. Use the Admin Panel to change the fonts for body, page title, headings, and the Info Board heading text.
Tectonic is developed with compliance to theme internationalization requirements – so it can be easily translated into other languages. The template .pot file is included for easy translation.
Theme Feature List
- Responsive Design: Fully adapted and optimized to various screen sizes.
- Retina Ready: All the theme graphics look beautiful on Hi-Def screens.
- Search Engine Optimized: The theme is built with SEO best practices in mind. It uses clean, semantical and valid HTML code and CSS so search engines can index the content of your site easily.
- 12 predefined color schemes.
- Wide range of body backgrounds included.
- CSS-based drop-down navigation (up to 3 levels of submenu).
- Mobile Menu: 2 different styles to choose from – Side Menu or Dropdown (classic select element).
- Cross-browser compatible.
- Mobile and tablet optimized.
- Built on HTML5 & CSS3.
- Page Builder: Use any of the 26 custom page-builder widgets (elements) to build your pages.
- Plenty of customizing and styling options available through the Theme Options panel.
- Custom Post Types: Portfolio, Staff, Testimonials and Sections.
- Post Format support: Standard, Gallery, Image, Video, Audio, Link, Aside.
- You can arrange blog categories (with their posts) into isolated groups – like Blog Large Image and Blog Medium Image in the demo content.
- Custom styles in post editor – List Types, Styles, and Dividers. This allows you to easily insert specific elements and apply the theme’s styles directly in a WordPress editor via toolbar in Visual view.
- Video Support: Any online hosted video compatible with oEmbed feature or self-hosted video (mp4, webm, ogv, HTML5 video) can be easily embedded.
- You can arrange portfolio categories (with their portfolio items) into isolated groups – like Portfolio: 2 Columns and Portfolio: 3 Columns in the demo content.
- Google Web Fonts: Use our custom selection of Google fonts perfectly suitable to the theme’s design and layout.
- 4 sidebar areas and 12 custom sidebar widgets; default WordPress widgets are also styled and displayed properly.
- Widget display control: Built-in feature to show/hide widgets on a specific page. Also you can specify whether to show a certain widget on a small-screen mobile device, or hide it.
- Customizable Contact Form: Configure your contact form fields (inputs, textarea, dropdown and checkbox) via the options in the Contact Form element.
- Google Maps.
The current version doesn’t include the API key option for Google Maps authentication. In order to get the theme’s updated version (1.0.9) with Google Maps API Key parameter in the Theme Options, please send me a private message through the form on my profile page – I will provide you with the download links (
- Child Theme support for advanced customization. By using a child theme you will ensure that your modifications are preserved.
- Translation Ready: Developed with compliance to theme internationalization requirements – so can be easily translated into other languages.
- 4 layered PSD files:
- Single project page
- Blog page
- Gradient background
- All files are properly commented.
- Complete documentation included.
- Images used in Live Preview (not included in the download package, except for the background images):
- Photos from PhotoDune
- Free assets mostly from Flickr (CC BY) and morgueFile (Morguefile Free license) – by Wolfgang Staudt, jeltovski, hotblack, DTL, alal, Angie from Sawara
- FitVids – by Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
- prettyPhoto – by Stephane Caron
- FlexSlider – by WooThemes
- jQuery Carousel – by Thomas Jaggi
- Tweet.js-Mod – by Stan Scates
- Masonry – by David DeSandro
- Superfish – by Joel Birch
- Sidr – by Alberto Varela
- html5media – by Dave Hall
- PHP files:
- Redux Options Framework – by Redux Framework Team
- Meta Box – by Rilwis
- TGM Plugin Activation – by Thomas Griffin
- Other Assets:
- Font Awesome – by Dave Gandy
- Subtle Patterns – by Atle Mo
- iconSweets2 – by Yummygum
Version 1.0.6 – 4.07.2016
- Updated to be compatible with WP 4.5 Files: M admin/meta-box/inc/fields/image-advanced.php M admin/meta-box/js/image-advanced.js M style.css
Version 1.0.5 – 19.01.2016
- Updated to be compatible with WP 4.4 Files: M inc/widgets/widgets.css M inc/widgets/widgets.js M admin/options/templates/panel/header.tpl.php M admin/options/inc/fields/typography/field_typography.php M admin/options/assets/css/custom.css M style.css
Version 1.0.4 – 16.09.2015
- Fixed: Minor issue in "tec_load_tinymce_plugin" function Files: M inc/tinymce/tinymce-custom-styles.php M style.css
Version 1.0.3 – 25.08.2015
- Updated to be compatible with WP 4.3 Files: M inc/tinymce/tinymce-custom-styles.php M inc/tinymce/custom-buttons.css M style.css A inc/tinymce/style-select-plugin-4-3.js A inc/tinymce/type-select-plugin-4-3.js
Version 1.0.2 – 28.06.2015
- Fixed: XSS security vulnerability in the prettyPhoto jQuery plugin - Fixed: Bug with limitation of post_count (WP_Query) in Accordion and Tabs widgets - Fixed: Minor CSS issues - Added: Option to choose the lightbox mode ("Single image" or "Gallery") in Portfolio List widget Files: M css/layout.css M js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js (vers. 3.1.6) M js/jquery.prettyPhoto.min.js (vers. 3.1.6) M inc/tinymce/custom-editor-style.css M inc/widgets/class-accordion-widget.php M inc/widgets/class-portfolio-widget.php M inc/widgets/class-tabs-widget.php M inc/widgets/widgets.css M inc/widgets/widgets.js M languages/tectonic.pot M style.css
Version 1.0.1 – 01.06.2015
- Improved: Heading tag for Single Post title - Improved: Heading tag for white text on colored background in the Info Board Files: M single.php M content-single.php M info-board.php M css/layout.css M css/ie8.css M inc/custom-styles.php M inc/tinymce/custom-editor-style.css M style.css
Version 1.0 – 19.05.2015
- Initial release